Free Shipping on US orders over $55
All US orders under $55 - $6.99 US Priority Mail Flat Rate
KeepSafe Break-Away Safety Collar
$14.99 – $16.99
Small: 10″- 14″, 3/4″ width
Medium: 14″- 20″, 3/4″ width and 1″ width
Large: 18″- 28″, 1″ width
Collars should fit comfortably snug. Measure your dog’s neck where the collar would lay and add approximately 1″ for the correct size. If your dog can wear medium or large, choose medium to have less overlap material.
Standard Colors: $14.99
Red, Blue, Black – soft durable nylon
Paws and Bones – UV, water and mold resistant soft durable polyester
Chinook Designer Colors: $16.99
Purple, Neon Green Safety Reflective, Blaze Orange Safety Reflective – soft durable USA made nylon.
Tie-Dye Reflective (sizes M 1″ and L only), Southwest Spirit, Blue with White Bones, Super Hero (sizes M 1″ and L only), Star-Spangled – UV, water and mold resistant soft durable polyester. Colors may vary slightly from photos.
Collars WITH 2 D rings: snap leash into both D Rings for leashing walking to override breakaway buckle.
Collars WITHOUT D rings: (Chinook Designer Collection only) Don’t need D rings? Do you use a harness, martingale or headcollar to walk your dog? Collars can be made without D rings designed as a 24/7 identification collar only. ID tags may be attached to ID tag holder sewn on all collars and/or use with a flat Boomerang custom ID Tag. Designed not to be used with leash.
FREE shipping on US orders over $55. All US orders under $55 – $6.99 US Priority Mail. Please allow 1-3 days for your order to ship. Our mission is to ship your order as promptly as possible. You will receive a personal email confirmation with the shipping date. We also ship internationally.
Directions For Use
1. For putting the collar on and off use the side squeeze (quick release) buckle provided on the collar. The break-away buckle is designed for emergency release.
2. Adjust size for correct fit by moving the metal slide on the collar. The collar should fit comfortably snug. Allow two fingers to comfortably slide between the collar and your dog’s neck.
3. To walk your dog on a leash, simply snap leash into BOTH D-rings. (See Diagram) This overrides the break-away safety clip. To re-activate, remove leash and inspect the break-away buckle to ensure proper connection. It is incorrect and unsafe to hook your leash to only one D ring for the collar will release when pulled.
4. Attach your dog’s identification tags to the ID tag holder provided on the collar.
5. When necessary to hold the dog by the collar, grasp over the break-away clip area to help prevent the collar from releasing. To restrain the dog it is preferable to snap a leash into both D-rings. For times you anticipate needing to restrain your dog have a slip lead or leash handy.
6. DO NOT use for tie-out. This is a break-away safety collar for dogs that are NOT TIED
The breaking strength of the KeepSafe Collars is determined by the size of the collar. The size small collars have a lower breaking strength than the size medium and large collars.
The breaking strength will vary depending on how pressure is applied to the collar. For example, if pressure is applied in-line, at an angle or twisted, the strength will vary. The breaking strength is lowest when it is pulled apart “in-line”. For these reasons, we do not give specific numerical breaking strengths for the collars.
It is our heartfelt commitment that the KeepSafe Break-Away Collars provide a high quality choice for safety and peace of mind for dog owners. If you are not satisfied with your collar, let us know and we will promptly exchange the item or refund the purchase price. The collars are not chew proof.